The Jurnal INSTUN is an official journal of the National Institute of Land and Survey (INSTUN). The Jurnal INSTUN obtains writing resources from authoritative sources such as the writings of INSTUN staff with experience in related fields and authors from other departments. It is published with the assistance of strategic partners, composed of lecturers with experience in writing research papers. Creating this journal is a joint effort of INSTUN with strategic partners to increase the number of reading materials and scientific references in Malaysia related to land management and administration, survey and mapping.
In this regard, INSTUN Management is striving to make this journal a useful reading material and to ensure that the quality and quantity of the writing are improved. It would be a pleasure for INSTUN to extend its gratitude to the authors who contributed to this issue and to the editors who worked tirelessly in order to prepare it.
There are no charges for submission of a writing as well as no charges for article processing or publication.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article, or claim that may be made by its manufacturer, is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
Jurnal INSTUN adheres to high standards of ethical conduct at every stage of the publication process. Throughout our Code of Publication Ethics, we provide general guidelines for authors, editors, and reviewers.
CODE OF PUBLICATION ETHICS
The Jurnal INSTUN is committed to meeting and upholding standards of ethical behavior at all stages of the publication process. Below is a summary of our key expectations of authors, reviewers and editors.
i. Authors’ Responsibilities
• To confirm that the paper submitted is not under consideration or accepted for publication elsewhere.
• To confirm that all the work in the submitted paper is original and has no elements of plagiarism.
• To ensure that the paper does not violate any copyright or intellectual property rights and to obtain written permission from the owner if copyrighted material exceeding approximately 100 words from a journal article or approximately 500 words from a book is used.
• To maintain accurate records of data associated with their submitted research paper, and to supply or provide access to these data, on reasonable request.
• To notify the journal editor of a significant error in their publication and cooperate with the editor in regard to corrections thereof and in the events of retraction of the paper.
• To ensure that all authors have significantly contributed to the research in the case of multiple authorship.
ii. Reviewers’ Responsibilities
• To contribute to the decision-making process, and to assist in improving the quality of the published paper by reviewing the research paper objectively and thoroughly, in a timely manner.
• To alert the editor of any published or submitted content that is substantially similar to the research paper under review.
• To maintain the confidentiality of any information supplied by the editor or author and not to retain or copy the research paper.
• Reviewers should have no conflict of interest with respect to the authors.
• The reviewers are required to provide comments for the author by filling in the ‘Jurnal INSTUN Review Form’.
iii. Editors’ Responsibilities
• Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article.
• Editors should have no conflict of interest with respect to articles they reject/accept.
• Peer reviews are double-blinded and editors shall preserve anonymity of reviewers.
• Editors should be prepared to publish an erratum or corrigendum, where this is deemed necessary.
iv. Procedure for Unethical Behavior
• The Editorial Board shall monitor and safeguard the above publication ethics.
• Misconduct and unethical behavior may be identified and brought to the attention of the Editorial Board at any time, by anyone.
• The Editorial Board shall deal with such allegations in a professional manner.
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS
Khairin Nazry bin Karim,
Director, National Institute of Land and Survey (INSTUN)
Khairil Akhtar bin Ghazali,
Head of Department, Research and Development, INSTUN
Malini a/p Balasubramaniam,
Chief Assistant Head of Department, Research and Development, INSTUN
Abdul Malek bin Abdullah,
Assistant Head of Department, Research and Development, INSTUN
Nur Marlisa Syahira binti Nadzmee,
Assistant Administrative Officer, Research and Development, INSTUN
Three (3) lecturers from three (3) local universities.
Mohamad Hafiz bin Abd Aziz,
Designer, Research and Development, INSTUN
Institut Tanah Dan Ukur Negara (INSTUN)
SCOPE OF JOURNAL
As part of the Pelan Strategik INSTUN 2021-2025 objectives, the Jurnal INSTUN promotes, develops, and enhances the understanding of Land Management and Administration, Survey and Mapping in its broadest sense, in order to provide information on research relevant to land management and administration, survey and mapping to public service administration and relevant institutions.
Jurnal INSTUN, wish to select and publish through double-blind peer-review. The editorial board will make the utmost effort to make sure that the peer-review and publication process is thorough, objective and fair. INSTUN chose to remain both authors’ and reviewers’ identities are kept anonymous.
• The manuscript submitted must be original and must not have been published or submitted for publication in another journal.
• The writing must be submitted online through our website at the following URL: (BTM boleh letak terus). Submissions via hard copy will not be accepted.
• Formatting and Citation: Authors are responsible to adhere to the format stated below in preparing their writing. Citations must follow the format American Psychological Association (APA) 7th Edition.
• Writing acceptance: Decisions are based on a pre-review by the editors and a subsequent double-blinded peer review by at least two independent reviewers.
• Submission of revised writings: The authors are strongly advised to carefully read and revise the writings in accordance with the comments made by the reviewers. The authors are also required to provide a point-by-point reply for each of the comments made by the reviewers by filling in the ‘Jurnal INSTUN Author’s Response to Reviewers Form’. An immediate response is required and failure of which may affect publication of the writing in a particular issue of the Journal.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
• The submission file is in Microsoft Word document format.
• Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
• The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in Format.
• Main Title According to Language of Writing:
• Times New Roman, size 14
• Bold, capitalize each word, centered
• Title in Second Language:
• Times New Roman, size 12
• Italic (BI), capitalize, centered
• Author’s Name:
• Times New Roman, size 10
• Department/ Division and Address:
• Times New Roman, size 10
• Times New Roman, size 10
• Entire writing:
• Times New Roman, size 12
• Spacing : 1.5
• The abstract is a brief, compact synopsis of the article and includes aspects of the problem, research objectives, methods, research findings and conclusions.
• Bilingual abstract section
• Must provide 3 to 5 keywords
• All headlines:
• Bold and on the left of the paper
• Table/Graph :
• Times New Roman, size 12
• Centered table/graph
• Table/graph title (below)
• American Psychological Association (APA) 7th Edition format
• The second and subsequent lines need to be ‘tabbed’ if there is no software
PAPER TITLE SHOULD BE IN BOLD AND CAPS: CENTERED (FONT SIZE 14)
Title In Second Language: centered (font size 12)
An Authora and Another Authorb (Full Name) centered (font size 10)
aDepartment, University, Full Address, City, Country. (Email: state the address)
bDepartment, University, Full Address, City, Country. (Email: state the address)
(justified, font size 10)
(heading is in caps, font size 12)
The Abstract should be 150-250 words and contain the following 5 elements: Purpose of study; Design/methodology/approach; Findings; Research limitations and/or implications; Originality/value. (Text in font size 10, justified) Please note: There should be only one space after a period, colon, or semi-colon, and there should be no space before each of them (except for URL addresses for online references).
Key words: Word (Five key words separated by commas. Initial cap only; justified; font size 12)
ALL HEADINGS MUST BE IN CAPS (ALIGN LEFT; FONT SIZE 12; 2 SPACES AFTER 1.)
Text runs on the next line (font size 12). All justified; numbers to be included if supplied; no indent below. All paragraphs are indented (0.5 points) except for first paragraph of each section. This first paragraph, for instance, is not indented.
This second paragraph, however, is indented at 0.5 points. All subsequent paragraphs in the same section will be indented in the same way. Please note again:
TABLES / FIGURES
The text in the table should be in font size 12. Only horizontal borders (1/2 point lines) should be drawn to separate row headings or specific sections of the table. The table heading itself should be in caps while the title of the table should be in title case in the next line, as in the following example:
TABLE 1 (centered; font size 12)
Title in Title Case (Centered Above Table, Font Size 12)
ABBREVIATIONS AND ACRONYMS
Define abbreviations and acronyms the first time they are used in the text, even after they have been defined in the abstract. Do not use abbreviations in the title or heads unless they are unavoidable.
CITATION OF REFERENCES IN TEXT
The full citation should be provided in the References section at the end of the paper for every source/reference cited in the paper. The full citation should not be at the footnotes. Also delete references that are not actually cited in the paper. Papers that have not been published, even if they have been submitted for publication, should be cited as “unpublished”. Papers that have been accepted for publication should be cited as “in press”. For papers published in translation journals, please give the English citation first, followed by the original foreign-language citation.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT (A heading)
Goes before endnotes and references. Text is smaller (font size 10). Put sponsor acknowledgements in the unnumbered footnote on the first page.
(The referencing style of the paper should strictly follow the style adopted by the journal (based on the American Psychological Association (APA) 7th Edition). The list should be in alphabetical order. Please comply with the caps, sequence and punctuation marks in the examples.)
APPENDIX 1 (A heading)
Goes after references.